A Tale To Tell & Remember

I'm very much inspired by the words of Thomas L. Friedman in his book "The World Is Flat" which renders about the influence of bloggers in this new age. I want to keep the highest integrity and honesty in posting my words to the world. This blog act as a testimony to my alacrity of sharing information with the borderless world. Hope we can share a high regards of veracity and chivalry with this blog because that's why it is here. So help me God!

Visit Malaysia

Visit Malaysia
Malaysia Truly Asia

Wednesday, 11 July 2007

Discovering Ipoh

See the caves - reminds me of Gua Musang

See the caves of Ipoh?

Caves of Ipoh

Buddhist temple - in front of Taman D. Seenivasagam

Old buildings from the colonial era


Old Padang of Ipoh

Old Padang of Ipoh
Old Padang of Ipoh

Beautiful building from the past

Ipoh (Upas) tree

Old train station

Explaination on Ipoh Tree

Old Train station

Under revamption

Old station

Old station

Ipoh town

Ipoh town

At the logging museum

At the logging museum

Old uniform of Peg. Perhutanan (Forestry Officers)

At the logging museum - beside SUK

Last Monday (9th July 2007), I went to Ipoh for work task. I never been to Ipoh before in my life and I find it very interesting. It was a very big city populated mostly by our Chinese friends. The town was well spread and full of old buildings from the pre-independence day. I find it very hard to find Muslim food stall not like Malacca and Penang. But I must say that Ipohrians live their life quite well with each other blend in with differences which they find okay to tolerate.

I find that there are other areas (Chief Minister residence) which is totally different from the heart of the town. I went for a sight seeing and took some snapshots which I put above. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton hotel and it was a fair bargain. It's very hard for you to find 4 stars hotel in Ipoh not like Malacca, Johor Bharu or Penang.

Ipoh City can be discover more in terms of its urban planners and I don't think Perakrians had a problems in sourcing that up among Perakrians themselves. But I can see now why white man (those days) choose Taiping instead of Ipoh as the state administration centre. The locations is not so strategic compared to Taiping which is close to the port and Ipoh was full of caves and kind of reminds me of Gua Musang. And they got more caves than Gua Musang. Above are the photos from my trips.

No comments:

Faces of Tun Teddy

Faces of Tun Teddy