A Tale To Tell & Remember

I'm very much inspired by the words of Thomas L. Friedman in his book "The World Is Flat" which renders about the influence of bloggers in this new age. I want to keep the highest integrity and honesty in posting my words to the world. This blog act as a testimony to my alacrity of sharing information with the borderless world. Hope we can share a high regards of veracity and chivalry with this blog because that's why it is here. So help me God!

Visit Malaysia

Visit Malaysia
Malaysia Truly Asia

Monday, 17 September 2012

Keropok Lekor Bukit Tok Beng, Kuala Terengganu

Keropok Bukit Tok Beng, Kuala Terengganu

While I was on my way back to Kuala Lumpur from Kuala Terengganu, I stop by at one of the most popular Keropok Lekor shop. Located at the Kampung Bukit Tok Beng on the way to the airport (Seberang Takir), it was one of the best place for you to buy yourself some Keropok Lekor (fish crackers) to be brought back home. The uniqueness of this shop is that you have to queue to wait for your turn, more often visitors find themselves queuing long hours just to wait for the cashiers to call your number. The system used here is by a number ticket as you've probably encounter most at the government offices. 

The shop counter

We arrived there at noon and most of the customers are waiting for the cashier and counter staff to call their number to be entertain. Through my observation selling Keropok Lekor in Kuala Terengganu is a very good business. I bet the owners are making tens of thousand ringgit a month probably up to seven figures numbers as there were so many customers waiting for their turn and each of them probably bought around RM50-100 per buying. They did prepares the Keropok Lekor near the counter where we were serviced as they were selling and you can see clearly the line mode of preparation. Through my observation also, the owners were using traditional method of boiling the dough using firewood. 

Boiling the Keropok Lekor dough using firewood

My taxi driver also gave me the shop phone number just in case if I will return and looking for a quick turn. Visitors are highly advised to give a call first and book through the phone how much you wanted to buy just to skip the long queue. The number are 019-9130 369 (Keropok Lekor Bukit Tok Beng). I was informed that apart from this shop, there are also numerous location where you can get a very good Keropok Lekor in Kuala Terengganu. Some of the place are Kelulut, Chendering and Chabang Tiga. I wish I could explore Kuala Terengganu more. 

1 comment:

Aiza Aiz said...

salam..
saya pembekal keropok lekor dan keropok keping dr terengganu..
klu ade yg berminat nak order blh bgtau.. sy buat melalui pos..
email sy aizaaiz56@gmail.com
sudi2 la lawat page sy n like sekali
FB Page Keropok ORI Terengganu
add saya kat fb Saya Zya..
tq

Faces of Tun Teddy

Faces of Tun Teddy