A Tale To Tell & Remember

I'm very much inspired by the words of Thomas L. Friedman in his book "The World Is Flat" which renders about the influence of bloggers in this new age. I want to keep the highest integrity and honesty in posting my words to the world. This blog act as a testimony to my alacrity of sharing information with the borderless world. Hope we can share a high regards of veracity and chivalry with this blog because that's why it is here. So help me God!

Visit Malaysia

Visit Malaysia
Malaysia Truly Asia

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Kuala Terengganu


Me during the boat ride

I was in Kuala Terengganu during the weekend, it's been years since I came here. So much has changed, Kuala Terengganu itself has been transformed from a backwater place into a very beautiful, clean and booming city. I can't help but notice the beautiful esplanade (Dataran Shahbandar) near the iconic Pasar Payang or the many cranes that are building large hotels near the city center. Petroleum money does really been used for good purposes here. There are also some big development going on also near the hotel where I'm staying where they are doing some land reclamation all the way. 

Some views from my boat ride

Some views from my boat ride

During my free hours I took the opportunity taking a boat ride near the Islamic Heritage Park located near the State's Museum in the Wan Man Island. It cost me RM15 and I do enjoy the boat ride. They took us sight seeing to the nearest small islands around Kuala Terengganu. I was really surprised to know how many small island lies around Kuala Terengganu. You can also see some of the states athletes training for the SUKMA. No wonders they are doing very well in sports.

That's a very odd view coming from Malaysia

The weather in Kuala Terengganu is very hot indeed. During the tour I can't help but notice some very odd views coming from the boat. The Dome of Rock structure for example coming from a place like Kuala Terengganu. The boatman and our tour guide were explaining about the history of the Dome of Rock and it's related stories. Doesn't amuse me much as I'm much more interested to know about the local peoples, local culture and local history. Didn't I mention local? I always believe the most beautiful architecture coming from Terengganu itself is the State's Museum. We don't need to be an Arabs where our own culture is pretty much unique and priceless. Religion got nothing to do with architecture and culture, it's one man life long journey finding God. But that's my personal views about life and religion. Nevertheless you know how often Malays got mix up and confused between being an Arabs and Muslims.

The weather is very hot indeed

With the current rate Kuala Terengganu is developing, I can't wait to see what will hold the place for another five years. Kuala Terengganu is a very clean city indeed and hope they retain it that way. Apart from that there's nothing much to share here. Oh ya, they did make a very good songket. The best in the world!

No comments:

Faces of Tun Teddy

Faces of Tun Teddy