A Tale To Tell & Remember

I'm very much inspired by the words of Thomas L. Friedman in his book "The World Is Flat" which renders about the influence of bloggers in this new age. I want to keep the highest integrity and honesty in posting my words to the world. This blog act as a testimony to my alacrity of sharing information with the borderless world. Hope we can share a high regards of veracity and chivalry with this blog because that's why it is here. So help me God!

Visit Malaysia

Visit Malaysia
Malaysia Truly Asia

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Fort Pikit, North Cotabato, Mindanao

Teddy at the Fort Pikit
I went to see Fort Pikit yesterday. It was located north of Cotabato city. Pikit according to my Pinoy friend means "close your eyes" in Tagalog. The fort located on top of a high hills and the surrounding covers the vast area of the northern Cotabato district. This fort was built by the Spanish conqueror in the 1893 and ever since was used by various foreign powers such as the Americans, the Japanese Imperial and the Armed Forces of the Philippines.


Remnants of Fort Pikit
Apart from what my friend told me about the history of Fort Pikit, I don't have much of a facts to shared here. But this fort is surely strategically located as it has the 360 degree of bird eyes view of the whole area. This fort does experienced numerous battle during the Spanish era, with the worst was  the World War 2 era (Americans to retake Mindanao from the Japanese) and also the resistance years. Nowadays (post-2005) it was used as the Philippines National Police base.

Remnants of Fort Pikit

Teddy at the slabs sign

Remnants of Fort Pikit

Remnants of Fort Pikit

Bird eyes view from Fort Pikit

Bird eyes view from Fort Pikit

Bird eyes view from Fort Pikit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had lovely memories of my childhood in Pikit, sad to say we have to move out due to none ending on and off war , trouble, crime etc...
Hopefully before we leave this world we see a PEACEFUL Pikit, Mindanao..like ever before 1970
We are Filipino so must care for its other forget our differe nces .. think of the next generation....STOP...move forward..

Faces of Tun Teddy

Faces of Tun Teddy